Welcome to Whispering City RVA!
– 1920s Antique Sta-Rite Hair Pins Box with Hair Pins Inside – Color Black
– Approx. 2 1/2” long x 3” wide
– Age: Approx. 1920s
– This is an antique item in great condition that may show signs of age, use or storage
– The ad graphics on this box are amazing
– Here is a Sta-Rite hair pins box from the 1920s that still has some pins in it. The owner used this box regularly to hold her pins. Looking through, I see Sta-Rite pins, but I also see what I think are another brand present. This was obviously her go-to hair pin storage.
– The box has two blown corners. There’s some discoloration in the bobby pin section inside the box (see pics). A few scuffs here and there. – There’s a bit of wear on the back of the box – just normal/light for the age and frequent use of this type of every-day vanity item.
– I love the graphic on the back showing a few long hair strands sticking out of the woman’s flapper style hair. This references the early flapper days when women weren’t ready to commit to actually cutting off all their hair. They used pins to give the appearance of a short haircut while keeping their long locks hidden with carefully placed bobby pins.
– Please see pics for more info