Welcome to Whispering City RVA!
– Fairyland Dolls Martha Washington #723-B 1665
– with original box & booklet
– full-length black floral print gown with white & pink cord macrame trim at bottom. Sleeve edges have white cord macrame trim. Green velvet sash at waist with ivory white lace detailing at bodice, matching ivory lace mob cap. Pantaloons are full length ivory satin. Painted shoes.
– She’s sewing into her dress
– Made of composition (or possibly bisque), with jointed arms, frozen legs and painted eyes
– Approx 7.5″ tall
– Manufacture date: 1920s-1940s
– This is a vintage item in excellent condition that may show signs of age, use &/or storage
– box is in good condition with some signs of wear indicative of age. Some small staining here and there. There is a tear on the right box edge that sits under the lid not far from the corner.
– Handwritten note in pencil reads, “PMM 298”.
– A small tear in the fabric of her dress on one side, (see photo)
– Rough soles on her shoes (from manufacture)
– has been loved and stored properly
– Please see photos for details