Welcome to Whispering City RVA!
• Vintage handmade crochet (or possibly crewel, etc.) knit handbag purse
• Design: Geometric pattern of off-white, lilac and dark purple with open top (no zipper), lilac colored lining and chunky braided yarn handles with pom-pom tassel ends
• Approx. size: 13 1/2″ wide x 9 2/8″ tall, handles are 17″ long, with the hanging length of about 9″ from the top of the purse.
• Approx Age: 1940s-1960s
• Vintage/antique item, in used but very good/excellent condition. May show signs of wear, use &/or storage indicative of age
• This is handmade and appears to either have never been used or used only lightly, however, it does show a bit of “shelf-wear” in that the inner lining has a bit of light fading right where the lining meets the purse, and other signs of age here and there, (the pom-pom tassels could use a bit of re-shaping, etc.). I have only lightly tended to this purse with a lint roller… I do wonder if the “off-white” color yarn would come up a bit brighter if given a good washing.
• Ready to wear
• Please see photos for details