Welcome to Whispering City RVA!
– Madame Alexander Brazil doll #573
– International series
– with original box & a metal doll stand
– Marked “ALEX” on upper mid-back of doll with clothing tag present
– Vibrant green and white polka-dot dress with yellow, blue & orange rick-rack trim ruffle detailing at the bottom and 2 snap closures in the back. The mid-length puff sleeves are translucent white (may show light discoloration from age), with white lace at the cuffs and the same rick-rack design. White satin petticoat with white lace trim and short white bloomers with matching lace trim. 2-row beaded necklace in orange and green around her neck, with a gold-tone clasp in the back. Metallic gold sandals with flower shaped clasps. Vibrant orange turban hat decorated with pearl-like beads, pink & blue roses (show wear), and green leaves.
– Hard plastic, brown hair, brown eyes, stiff knee walker with jointed head, arms & legs
– This doll has been restrung sometime recently with elastic bands
– Sleepy eyes are working properly. Eyes are open when standing, closed when horizontal
– Approx 8″ tall
– Manufacture date: 1970s-1980s
– This is a vintage item in very good + condition that may show signs of age, use &/or storage
– box is in very good/excellent condition with some signs of wear indicative of age. One cardboard restraint is present. Dolls from this era did not come with the pink tissue paper, however, white tissue paper was added to protect the doll during storage.
– Stamped doll name “BRAZIL 573″ on box content label is crisp and easy to read
– Metal adjustable-height display stand is in good condition with some light ‘rusting” indicative of age.
– Has been loved and stored properly
– Could use an overall lint brushing and her dress could use a steaming to straighten the ruffled edge. Otherwise ready to display
– Please see photos for details