Welcome to Whispering City RVA!
– Sterling Silver Wishbone & Shamrock Jewelry Set – Brooch & Earrings
– Earrings marked “sterling” on the back of the posts. They are screw-backs.
– Pin-back style brooch with c safety clasp has a plaque on the back that reads “sterling”
– 6g total weight
– Measures: brooch: approx. 2 2/8″ long x 1 1/8″ wide at widest. earrings: approx. 5/8″ long x 4/8″ at widest.
– Approx. age: 1950s-1960s
– Vintage item, in used but good condition. May show signs of wear, use &/or storage indicative of age.
– Earring screw back and brooch pin back mechanisms are tight and working properly
– I suspect this might not be a matched set, but a “married” one. I think this might be the case because when you look closely at the veins on the shamrock leaves, the pattern between the one on the earrings and the one on the brooch are different. Brooch has some small bends in the “arms” of the bones that is probably from storage and can likely be bent back. Under magnification with a jeweler’s loupe, I have noticed some scratches to the back inside of the bone arm, not far from the pin-back mechanism – not visible from the front.
– A fun set that is ready to wear
– Please see photos for details