Welcome to Whispering City RVA!
– Vintage Nautical Tall Ship Metal Shank Buttons
– Set of 9
– Medium weight buttons suitable for jackets, coats, slacks, etc.
– Approx. Measurements: 1″ (each), circular
– This is a vintage/antique item in very good/excellent condition, that shows signs of wear, use &/or storage commiserate with age
– All of my vintage buttons are sold “as-is”
– Brass or brass-colored, these still have the metal hoops used to hold them onto their button boards
– Button fronts look fantastic. The backs do have some oxidation (see pics)
– Both shanks look secure
– Approx. Age: I am unsure of the manufacture date of these buttons. I couldn’t find an exact match during research. The collection these came from mostly featured buttons from the 1950s-1970s – it’s safe to say they date from at least that timeframe, though they could very likely be older
– Bring authenticity to your historical costuming or vintage sewing projects!
– Please see photos for details